Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Slow progress on my Ruffled Edge Shawl

Terrible lighting, I know.  This is where I am on the Ruffled Edge Shawl (free pattern from Ravelry) that I mentioned a few posts ago.  I love the colorway of the yarn and this is the first time I have truly knit with cotton.  My main problem is the yarn slipping off of my Addis, but I can live with that.  I hope to get a little further tonight.....
I also made the Bernina purchase yesterday.....yes!!!  I have pics to post of that tonight.  It is still in the box!  I know!  But dinner, cleaning and dog walking was just so much that I couldn't stop to get it out and love on it, so that is tonight's big project after exercise.

My regret:  I wish I had really splurged and gotten the next up model.  Oh, will I regret that forever?????  I was trying to stay within a reasonable budget, but now I regret it :(

1 comment:

Fru-la-la! said...

The shawl looks great! I hope the model you got of sewing machine is awesome. If it's not, I say, take it back and get the upgrade!