Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Well lookee there....yarn, I think?


Tadaaaaaaa....I made yarn. Okay, here's the story. Me and the Spawn of Satan have been battling for a while now, not been pretty. I won't bore you with the old details of my spinning wheel. So, I have been spinning, changing tension, spinning, changing bands, spinning, using up a herd full of fleece, spinning...you get the idea. She (spawn of satan) and I just haven't found our grove in the yarn making arena, but I have continued to work with her and finally spun a bobbin full. Now, does it look like wool? No, not really...more like a hairball. However, it is a skein of lovely gray wool. You just can't tell it from the picture. Ah, who am I kidding, you can't tell it when you have it in your face either. But if you squint, tilt your head to the left and think of fuzzy kittens and cupcakes you can get an idea of how it could be pretty and all things right in the world. Blahblahblah...

I am proud of my firstborn from the spawn, no matter how ugly it is :) WE must love our children. I am still working with the wheel, but very apprehensive about using my dyed roving on her just yet. Don't want to waste that when she is still bucking.

The sheep shearing is in a week and a half, yea!!!! I'm excited about that and looking forward to getting to "skirt" some fleece and buy up a trunk full to bring home. Although, I have a very small trunk, so I may have to shove some in the floorboard, behind the seats and in my mom's lap. Pictures will be taken and posted of the fun and excitement we will have.

Now I must go and work on a bulletin board for one of my schools. I am doing a get to know your new school nurse board. Kinda cool? So, I must take pictures of my cats and of me, ick!

No comments: