Sunday, July 03, 2011

The ugly and the good...

I will start with the ugly.  I finished 2 beach projects and hate them both, sorry, but I do.  The striped slouchy hat is done and I don't like it at all.  It looks like a bucket and fits terribly.  It could be the yarn, I admit that, but I still have no love for this hat and hate to give it to my niece (whom I was making it for). 


My 2nd unloved project is the Laser neckwarmer.  I don't like this either and again could be the yarn, but just not feeling it...

Now for the good.  I dyed some yarn yesterday and very happy with the end results.  I used kool-aid for the dye and it was a piece of cake.
First I dyed some handspun with cherry .  The pic doesn't do it justice, I'm pleased with this :)
I then dyed some Plymouth Yarn Encore worsted with cherry and lime.  Both turned out beautiful and will become hats in the near future.  Yeah for a good end result on something this week.
AND....the Tour de Fleece began and I am spinning.  Pics to come....

No comments: