Monday, July 11, 2011

Hand cycling today (mostly)...

 The TDF 11 continues and today I have spun on both rovings....still!  And I finished my niece's Four Cables Slouch hat and took it to her at breakfast.  I hope she loves it as much as I do :)
Trust me, it looks better in person and the cables stand out...


I also washed some fleece that was given to me.  I was meticulous about the washing.  Followed all of the tutorials, books, suggestions.  Then I was very disappointed to see little balls of lanolin in the fleece at the end.  WHAT?  WHY?  I washed it 5 times, rinsed it 3.  What happened????
Help.  Was it old fleece?  That is what I am wondering.  I don't know.  I don't even know the breed.  It was a gift....so I don't know.

Any suggestions?  I hate to trash it, but I don't want it to gum up the drum carder.  Suggestions????
And while I was doing all this, Ava was napping on the bed :)

No comments: