Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hats are so much fun, let's make more

I love hats, so I need to knit a few more.  For Me?  Maybe, maybe for gifts.  I just cast on this Plymouth Encore worsted for the Arrow hat.  It was a peachy color that I wasn't crazy about, so I dyed it with Kool-aid and got this pale green that is much nicer.
I am also casting on this tealish-blue baby for the Shroom hat.  Another lovely hat on Ravlery that is a free pattern.  Awesome!  This yarn is from a recycled sweater I picked up at the thrift store.  It was a grey, black and white striped sweater.  So I took the white and dyed it this color with Easter egg dye.  I thought it would be a different blue, since the tablets were a royal blue....but that's what I got, no complaints.
And while casting on, Finley observed in his handsome way :)


No comments: