Monday, August 02, 2010

My papaw

Carl Eugene Key
My papaw was the BEST MAN I have ever known.  This afternoon we lost my papaw, he passed away.  I have never met a man like him and I never will, the mold was broken.  He was a hard worker, an honest man, a Christian, a giver.....he was my papaw.

This picture was taken this past December when we celebrated the 60th wedding anniversary of him and my mamaw.  60 years, amazing!  He never liked having his picture taken, probably where I get that from, so I don't have many recent ones of him.

This afternoon my family was able to spend some time with him, remember him, laugh and cry.  Over the next few days I am sure all will be a blur...there are so many things I want to tell you about this remarkable man, but right now I just have no words.  My heart is aching.

No comments: