Sunday, September 04, 2011

Good grief, I'm slow!

So slow in knitting, in spinning, in posting.  I have a backlog of everything and I'm just slow. 

I finished plying 2 bobbins I had spun in the TDF11 and has stared plying way back then.....meaning July!  I finished today and broke out the champagne.  I'm thrilled.  I have no clue yardage and this puppy, but hope something decent for a shawl. 
I believe this was BFL and I think it was a spinners hill batt I had purchased from The Dizzy Sheep.

I finished another lacey little baby hat.  This is the
 February baby beanie off of Ravelry.  I was making it for a coworker's new niece, but I'm afraid it will be too small for her.

It is a sweet little hat, pale yellow.  But I don't want to take any chances, since she is a couple of months old now.....so I made a different one for her.


The new hat is the Beret for Baby pattern from Ravelry.  I love this little beret!!! I know this one will fit her :)
And then I went yarn crazy and bought 4 skeins, shame on me.  I broke my promise (to myself) not to buy any yarn.  I'm in time-out now!  BUT THE DEAL was too good to pass up!
I was at Tuesday Morning and they had a few skiens of Araucania for $5.99!!!!  Can you believe that?  I bought these beauties for Christmas presents.....they will be hats !  I'm so in love with them.  I was planning on hats for others, but I want them for myself.  I'm not ashamed to admit my selfishness!!!
I may go back and get the other skeins too.  $5.99!  Yes, I must!

That is my yarn excitement.  I did schedule my tattoo appointment for Wednesday evening and I will be getting a little ball of yarn tattooed on my ankle!!!  Yep, big decision will be color.....blue, green, pink...not sure.  I would love a huge skein with needles and perhaps a little bluejay holding a banner...but I'm chicken.


No comments: