Sunday, June 12, 2011

Once again a slacker..

My end of the year wrap-up has been going on at work and I have been a busy bee, which means slacking on posting. I had several posts roll through my head, but they never made it to the blog...anyway, here I am. Just sitting here with a cup of coffee and peanut butter toast slapping on a few pics while the poopies snooze on the couch and the kitties chase each other around the table.

You know I am a slow knitter, but I am slow on the tips and tricks end as well. But I discovered this cool beans way to measure my left over yarn and handspun. I love it!
I just couldn't afford a commercial yarn yardage meter, but read several comments on Ravelry about fishing line meters and their wonderful yarn measuring capability. It works! This is my set-up....so high tech. Toss the yarn in the container, thread it through the top, slide through the meter, and wind away. Genius....

Interesting discovery, was winding a ball with a label stating 153 yards. The ball measured 128 yards, hmmmmmmm 128 and 153 does not add up. I hand measured other small samples and ran them through...the meter caught the correct yardage....so why not the other ball???? Mystery.
I have been monogamous on the Multnomah shawl, because I need the needles and just want to finish it! I am so close! I finished the 5th repeat of the lace last night and will NOT have enough yarn to do the full 10 repeats. I will start the 6th repeat this morning and see how far I get.
Meanwhile...
I wound up some steely blue Chaco worsted for the Dandelion Beret KAL on Ravelry. This is a gorgeous beret from Little Yellow Cat. Come join us!
Now off to walk the poopies and make a grocery list, good times.

No comments: