Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

I awoke this morning to this handsome little sock monkey in a coffee mug waiting for me.  My "children" had left me a Valentine's Day present :)  I love sock monkeys!



I'm not a huge fan of Vday, never really have been.  I would rather have all of the goodies on a plain day, a just because day...know what I mean?
Yesterday I was getting a few things at Wal-Mart (okay the essentials = ice cream, diet sun-drop, and dog chewies) and one of the ladies in the produce aisle came up and gave me this rose.  She wished me a Happy Valentine's Day and walked on down the aisle to the next lady.  How sweet was that?????  It made my day.

  I finished the Pacific Beach Beret from Ravelry last night and blocked it on a dinner plate.  I have to weave in my ends and add my button.  I'm pleased with the results and recommend this pattern if you are wanting to make a quick knit beret.   
Pacific Beach Beret










1 comment:

Amy Darsie said...

I love your Sock Monkey!

What a sweet gesture from a stranger! It is so nice when that happens.