Sunday, January 22, 2012

Knitting buddies....

Finley is one of the best knitting buddies in the world!  It has been so cold here this past week and I have buckled down to get some warm wollies knit up and off of the needles.  Cold weather means we aren't playing outside as much, so we snuggle on the couch and knit.
Yep, that's Finley Muldoon across my lap as I knit :)
So what has he been knitting on?....
A pair of 75 yard -fingerless-mitts for a gift, knitted with hanspun and size 8 needles.  This is my go to mitt pattern, because it is the bomb!!!  Problem, I want to keep every pair I knit :)

I am still trudging along on this lovely little shawl, Vermillion. I am using a BFL I spun this past year that I named Fire Roasted Lasagna, because it reminds me of the lovely colors you get with a hot, bubbly, cheesy lasagna....I'm hungry now!

Since I am knitting up some handspun I had lurking in my stash, I decided to pick up a destash on Ravelry.  It is a gorgeous merino that has been slipped into the spinning rotation...future spinning :)
And keeping up with using up my stash (which I realize is minimal compared to everyone else's stash) I am using this beautiful lilac chunky yarn for a hat.... the Slouchy Beret  from The Sweatshop of Love.  Casting on today!
And last, but not least I have to share my gorgeous yarn from Purl's Yarn Emporium in Asheville, NC.  If you are ever in the area...GO THERE.  It is a wonderful shop and the ladies are GREAT!

No comments: