Friday, May 20, 2011

Dug through the stash...

So I was having a fiber pity party and wanting some fiber to love on....and decided to go through my stash before I spent money.

I found this lovely 8 ounces of BFL that I had purchased from Dizzy Sheep the last time they had fiber.  (I want them to have some more fiber up for the daily special!)Anyway, I couldn't remember the name of this colorway, but I am calling it Fire Roasted Lasagna :)  The pictures do not do it justice.  It is full of rich yellows, oranges, reds and brown (almost black) and has a little salmon stripe too.

with flash

without flash
I love it!  I'm so happy with the colors coming from this fiber.  What I spun is a little bit that I did to show a group of 4 year olds what a spinning wheel can do.  I was invited to go and talk to a Pre-K class about wool and spinning.
I love doing that.  I took 3 spindles and let them each have a turn at spinning.  We played with raw fleece (that was hilarious...the looks on their face when they smelled the lanolin), we played with locks, I demonstrated hand cards and knitting.
We just had a wonderful time and hopefully at least one will keep that spinning spark in them!

Now....I'm still going to have to buy some fiber to quench that need :)

No comments: