Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mother's Day includes mommies of 4 legged babies :)

 My mommy day present to myself, because I deserve it and because Ava and Finley are my little babies.  Now, I'm not discounting the kitties in my life....I love them dearly!! 

Kitties are not like doggies, they don't need mothering.  Ava and Finley need mommy love and they make my heart sing with joy...because they need my mommy love.
Now back to mother's day.....His Majesty surprised me, actually shocked me!  He made a trip to a yarn store and bought me a present :)  And while there he entered me into a raffle....and I won something.  I never win anything, but this time I did.
The Black Mountain Yarn Shop called me and left a message that I won.
Shocker....I won this sock box from Spud and Chloe

I thought they had lost their minds...but they didn't.  I won!!!  The box had a pattern, set of size 5 Lantern Moon dpns....

and these GORGEOUS sock yarns.  :)  I LOVE them.  They are so freakin awesome!!!!!

 And on top of winning this prize was my actual Mother's day gift.....the watermelon yarn I wanted so badly on my bday.

He went and got it for me!!!!!!!  I was weepy! 
While I slobbered all over my new fancy yarns I did manage to finish a monster.

I'm not crazy about it.  I wanted to use some stash acrylic, since it is for a baby gift.  Bad choice, because it just didn't knit as I had in my mind.

I think I will try a different yarn....

No comments: