Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm a slacker! :)

It has been great weather for the most part here in Western NC. We have had some major storms with tornadoes and flooding, but today has been beautiful.

The gorgeous days mean outdoor poopy time for me :)  I love playing with Finley and Ava, but that also means no knitting.  Ava tries to eat the yarn :(





But I did get to make a few more drawstring project bags and will be sending a few as gifts ....fun!

  Here is one of the project bags I cranked out to hold knitting fun. 

I did break my Van Dyke shawl out of hibernation and knitted about 5 rows, then back into hiding.  The cream color is soooooo boring.  I should have dyed the yarn first, but it was purchased the day of the class and all I could find...so no other choice.  I will be so happy to finish it and dye it! 

I made it to the point of starting the heels on my Tuscany socks and now I have frozen ... these are my first Toe Up socks and I am terrified at this point of screwing up.  I need to just jump right in and start trying to figure out the pattern, after all I can always rip them out ;(
I guess that will be tonight's knitting before bed...trying to defeat the fear of heels.....to be continued...if you have any suggestions for overcoming this heel fear PLEASE share.  I am used to heels on top down, but this way is confusing me.
What about an afterthought heel?  Thoughts on those????? Anybody????

No comments: