Wednesday, May 19, 2010

MY yarn..

So it may not look like much to you, but it is MY handspun.  I died, spun and knit this puppy!  I had a small amount, a test run and wanted to make something quick.  I went to Ravelry (who doesn't?) and found this pattern for a coffee cozy and thought it would be perfect.  It was, I love it and actually knitted two of them. 
The pattern is great and I love the colors of my yarn and the way it knitted. The buttons are just haphazard for show, so I have to go back and fix that.  I'm just proud of my yarn, that's all :)
I also snapped up this book and can't wait to try a few of her techniques.  She is giving a class near me in July and I am 87.9% talked into going...talking myself into it!!!

I love her stuff and I want to get my coils down pat....also love Jacey Boggs Sit and Spin video and considering purchasing that as well.  My problem is this thing called "money"...I need some of it. 
This little lady is needing a home, because she is already costing me money!  Someone help me!!!  Finley loves her to pieces, almost literally.  He keeps licking her and knocking her down with his big paws and then he will kick her around like a soccer ball and lick her again.  A little frightful, but they love each other.


I am looking forward to the weekend, because it is the Carolina Fiber Festival and I am going!!  I plan on purchasing some fibers for my new wheel, Mach II....yea!!  That was a present to myself and I plied some yarn spun on my Babe on the Mach and loved it...so smooth.  Ahhhh, spinning is relaxing, which I need right now, but the puppy keeps biting my feet and the wheel when I sit down to spin.  It hurts!

No comments: